Are you taking a look at your internal facility management costs, wondering how they have gotten so expensive? As your business continues to grow, there are a lot of facility management needs that will grow with it. For example, you need to handle electrical, plumbing, and HVAC maintenance and repairs, and there could be some painting needs that arise from time to time.
This is not only time-consuming but expensive as well. If you have to deal with all of these facility management issues, it will take your attention away from the needs of your business. Therefore, you might be considering outsourcing facility management instead. What are some of the top reasons why you need to outsource your facility management needs, and how can an expert team help you?
The Top Reasons To Consider Outsourcing Facility Management
There are several reasons why you may want to consider outsourcing your facility management needs. Some of the signs that it may be time to contact a professional include:
- You feel like you are spending more time handling problems related to your facility than you want.
- You are having a difficult time finding someone on your team who has the knowledge and expertise to handle issues related to your facilities.
- You may end up having to purchase extensive equipment for only one or two tasks.
- You are spending a lot of time and money hiring independent contractors for isolated tasks, and you want to hire a dedicated team that can handle everything.
Regardless of the reason why, there are plenty of facility management tasks that you may be able to outsource to an expert team.
What Elements of Facility Management Can You Outsource?
There are several examples of facility management tasks that you can outsource to a reliable partner. Some of the most common examples include:
- Handyman and Journeyman Trades: If you need a reliable handyman that can handle tasks around your facilities, you can outsource this to a professional company.
- Plumbing: Plumbing issues can be very expensive for your building, but you may be able to get them included in a comprehensive facility management package.
- Electrical: Consider outsourcing your electrical needs to an expert company as well.
- HVAC: Outsourcing your HVAC maintenance and repair needs could be another way to save time and money.
- Painting: Outsourcing your painting needs could help you not only save money but also get a better quality result.
- Lighting: If you need help with your interior and exterior lighting, consider outsourcing these tasks to trained experts.
- Tenant Improvements: If you need help improving certain aspects of the building, consider working with a facility management partner.
- Mechanical Operation and Maintenance: You might be able to find a partner that has expertise working with specific types of equipment that can help you save time and money on maintenance.
- Attendance Beverage and Food Re-Stocking: Instead of rotating office staff for food and beverage needs, work with a facility management team that can help you.
- Recycling Management: You need to run a sustainable business to position yourself for success, and you can outsource your recycling needs as well.
- Clean-up Crews for Existing Clients: If you need a reliable cleanup crew that can help you, outsource your facility management needs.
These are just a few of the many tasks that you need to keep in mind when you are looking for a facility management partner that can help you take care of your building.
How Can Outsourcing Your Facility Management Needs Save You Money?
There are several ways outsourcing your facility management needs can help you save money. Some of the biggest advantages include:
- You can consult closely with your facility management partner to make sure you only pay for the services you need.
- You can ask for a complete audit of your current needs to figure out exactly what management tasks you require.
- Your cleaning partners should have the best equipment in the industry, and they can use it to help you without asking you to purchase equipment on your own.
- A reliable partner should also be able to implement solutions that can help you save money on recycling, gas, electricity, and water.
- A professional facility management partner can also prevent future problems from developing by being proactive with maintenance.
If you want to save money on your facility management needs, outsource your needs to an expert.
How To Choose a Facility Management Partner
What do you need to do if you want to find the best facility management partner to help you? Some of the most important points to keep in mind include:
- You should partner with a professional team that has experience in your specific industry.
- You should always take a look at reviews and ratings left by other customers and clients before you decide who you want to partner with.
- You may even want to ask for a few references that you can talk to before you decide whether you want to work with that facility management company.
- You need to partner with a facility management company that is open, honest, and transparent about all of their pricing.
As long as you keep these important points in mind, you should be able to find the right facility management partner to help you. At Pegasus, we would be happy to help you address all of your facility management needs as well.
Contact Pegasus for All of Your Facility Management Needs
If you need a reliable partner that can help you take care of your facility, look no further than Pegasus. We have the latest equipment and cleaning solutions in the industry, and we have plenty of facility management experience that we can use to anticipate and prevent problems from developing. Contact us today for a quote, and let us help you.