If you have a data center, it is important for you to keep it clean. There are plenty of data center industry-leading practices to follow, and the goal is to reduce the chances of infectious transmission while also protecting the valuable information you have in that data center. One of the most important parts of this process is investing in anti-static flooring. What does this look like, and why is it so important?
Learn more about what you need to know about anti-static flooring, and be sure to follow all data center cleaning best practices if you want to protect your data and your facility.
What Is Anti-Static Flooring?
The entire purpose of an anti-static floor is to impede the creation of electrostatic discharge. It is typically shortened to ESD, and it leads to a sudden, unexpected flow of electricity when an object that is charged comes in contact with another surface. Even though it doesn't cause harm in a lot of cases, it can be dangerous for a data center.
An anti-static floor has been specifically designed to inhibit the flow of electricity. It creates static dissipative or conductive flooring, preventing the flow of electricity from one location to another. Because there are a lot of options available, you must make sure you work with a professional who can help you find the right anti-static flooring for your data center.
Why Is It Beneficial for Data Centers?
There are plenty of reasons why anti-static flooring is so important for data centers. As the name suggests, you do not want extra electricity floating around your data center. After all, your data center has a lot of electronic devices, and you don't want static electricity to damage your equipment.
Furthermore, if there is an excessive amount of static electricity, it could lead to fires and explosions. Even though you might get annoyed if you suddenly get shocked, having too much static electricity in a data center could lead to catastrophic damage. You don't want a fire or explosion to break out, so use anti-static flooring to reduce the chances of electricity flowing from place to place in your data center uncontrolled.
Another frequently overlooked benefit of investing in anti-static flooring is that it is significantly easier to clean. You need to keep the floor clean if you want to reduce the flow of static electricity. If there is a lot of dirt on the floor, it can harm the special features of anti-static flooring, which is why you need to get rid of it. If you invest in anti-static flooring, it will be easier to keep clean, which could help you save time and money.
Furthermore, anti-static flooring is relatively easy to install. For example, drop lock and loose-lay anti-static floors are available, which can help you save a tremendous amount of time and money. You probably want to get your data center operational as quickly as possible, and anti-static flooring is very easy to install.
What Are a Few Best Practices for Cleaning Anti-Static Flooring?
Your frequency of Data Center Cleaning is important, and you need to pay attention to how to clean anti-static flooring. Some of the most important best practices you need to follow include:
- If it isn't necessary for the data center, keep it out. For example, you probably don't need wood, plastic, or cardboard in the data center. If you have these items in the data center, their particles are going to contaminate the environment, and they could damage your anti-static floor. Of course, you should also try to keep food and drink out of the room.
- You should also take advantage of a humidification system. Even though you need to keep the temperature at an appropriate level, you also need to keep the humidity appropriate. In general, you should try to keep the relative humidity around 50 percent, which can help you get rid of excess static. This will also make it easier for the equipment in the room to breathe properly, which can reduce your chances of dealing with problems in the future.
- Finally, you need to schedule routine maintenance. Routine maintenance is important for preventing dust formation and static discharges. If you take care of your equipment appropriately, it will not generate a lot of dirt and dust. As a result, you won't have to worry as much about static discharges.
Even though you may think you can handle this on your own, it is always better to reach out to an expert team that can help you.
Why Partner With a Professional Who Can Help You?
There are several reasons why you should work with an expert team that can help you keep your anti-static flooring clean in your data center. They include:
- If you work with an expert team, you immediately get access to the best products and equipment in the industry, which means your flooring will be kept clean.
- Partnering with an expert team can help you save time, which you can spend on other areas of the business.
- With access to a professional cleaning team, you could extend the lifespan of your flooring, helping you save money.
If you are looking for an expert team that can help you clean your anti-static flooring, it would be our pleasure to assist you.
Contact Pegasus for a Data Center Instant Quote
At Pegasus, it would be our pleasure to help you clean your anti-static flooring. We have the best cleaning products and solutions in the industry, and we can use them to make sure your data center is spotless. Contact us today for an instant quote, and let us show you how we can help you protect your data center from harm.